HUD is committed to ending homelessness and believes good, reliable information is essential to that effort. Some Continuums of Care (CoCs) have an Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) infrastructure that is nimble and has the capacity to adapt to ever-changing information needs. Others struggle and would benefit from funding dedicated to improving HMIS. In November 2018 HUD published an HMIS Capacity Building Project Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) to help communities improve their CoC’s HMIS.
Did you miss the HMIS NOFA Office Hours held on December 12, 2018? The materials from the Office Hours are now available on the training page and at the links below:
- HMIS NOFA Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- HMIS NOFA Office Hours Slides (PDF)
- HMIS NOFA Office Hours Recordings *Just added*
How to Apply
Applicants must be existing CoC program recipients that are Unified Funding Agencies (UFAs), collaborative applicants, or HMIS Leads. The CoC will either:
- Apply to improve their existing HMIS.
- Eligible activities: increase software functionality, improve data quality, and grow staff knowledge.
- Apply on behalf of two or more CoCs with the intent to execute an HMIS Consolidation to improve the performance of lower-performing HMISs.
- Eligible activities: consolidate HMIS implementations, increase software functionality, improve data quality, and grow staff knowledge.
Applications are due January 31, 2019.