HUD has established the following data submission timelines for the 2019 Housing Inventory Count (HIC), Point-in-Time (PIT) count, and System Performance Measures (SPM) report data.
Meeting the data submission deadline for the HIC, PIT count, and SPM report is a factor considered by HUD in the annual CoC Program Competition. CoCs should consider the amount of time it may take to compile and enter information needed to meet the reporting requirements. HUD does not anticipate granting extensions to the data submission deadlines.
Before March 1:
- CoCs should review the list of timelines above, and work with CoC Program recipients and HMIS Leads to prepare for annual reporting requirements.
- HMIS Leads should work with their vendors to ensure they have access to the necessary reports and materials for their CoCs to meet upcoming deadlines. Leads should communicate regularly with the Continuum and CoC Program recipients to ensure that all stakeholders are informed and prepared.
- CoC Program Recipients should participate in PIT/HIC and monitor their projects’ data quality.
2019 HIC & PIT Count Data Collection and Submission Guidance
- CPD Notice 18-08: 2019 HIC and PIT Data Collection for CoC and ESG Programs
- 2019 HIC and PIT Count Data Submission Guidance
- General PIT Guides and Tools
2019 System Performance Measures: FY 2018 Data Guidance
If you have any questions about the HIC, PIT count, or SPM data submissions process, please visit the Ask a Question (AAQ) portal. Under “My question is related to”: select “HDX Homelessness Data Exchange (including PIT, HIC, AHAR, Sys PM, LSA, and PDX)”.