Thank you for visiting our site. Certain sections of the forums are only visible to clients of particular HMIS software vendors so be sure to designate your HMIS software when you register.

Share Your PIT Experience

The PIT count is a survey of persons experiencing homelessness on a single night in January.
GaitherStephens

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:55 am

Hello!

We just finished our PIT count for Charlotte County, FL. I organized, advertised, trained, and conducted it thiis year again, and boy am I exhausted!

We counted our sheltered homeless, ES, TH, and DV on the night of the 23rd. I'll be running reports out of our HMIS to compare to the surveys to make sure we counted everyone and didn't duplicate. We conducted our unsheltered count on the morning of the 24th in the pouring rain.

However, we had a great turnout of volunteers and were able to canvas the entire county very effectively.

We went with the standard HUD survey this year with minor updates to make it relevant for the current year. We have an event coming up that I have to do some graphic design for, so I probably won't start tabulating data until the first week of February. I can't wait to dig in!

Gaither